🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contract Payment
Page options
08dc9559
Community Member

Contract Payment

Hi Everyone,

A client wanted me to teach him Photoshop basics. It was my first time as I am new, but we couldn't set up on Upwork, it was challenging. So he sent a zoom link, which I was notified was outside Upwork but I joined. Challenge is, he mistakenly set the contract at 40hrs per week for something that ended in barely 2 hours. Upwork says if I end the contract, I won't get paid. Although i put in the time worked manually, it still doesn't change the notification of no payment.

Please what do i do?

Anybody, please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Gideon O wrote:

Hi Everyone,

A client wanted me to teach him Photoshop basics. It was my first time as I am new, but we couldn't set up on Upwork, it was challenging. So he sent a zoom link, which I was notified was outside Upwork but I joined. Challenge is, he mistakenly set the contract at 40hrs per week for something that ended in barely 2 hours. Upwork says if I end the contract, I won't get paid. Although i put in the time worked manually, it still doesn't change the notification of no payment.

Please what do i do?

Anybody, please.

Upwork says if I end the contract, I won't get paid. They don't. 

The only thing you did wrong was communicating outside of upwork, that can get you suspended. Agreeing to manual hours is also not recommended, but there is no reason to not get paid unless the client disputes the hours. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Gideon O wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Please what do i do?

Anybody, please.

Upwork says if I end the contract, I won't get paid. They don't. 

The only thing you did wrong was communicating outside of upwork, that can get you suspended. Agreeing to manual hours is also not recommended, but there is no reason to not get paid unless the client disputes the hours. 

thank you Martina

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gideon,

Since this is an hourly contract the client will have a review period once this work week end and then funds will be available after a 5 day security hold. This will happen if the contract gets ended or not. You can check your Work In Progress tab in order to confirm the status of your payments. 

Please check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. It takes about 10 days for payments to be processed. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account.

To learn more about how you’re protected on hourly contracts check out this guide and note that our Hourly Payment Protection does not cover Manual time. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
08dc9559
Community Member

Thanks Bojan

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths