🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contract Questions
Page options
iamrawn
Community Member

Contract Questions

Hi Upwork Team,

I landed a contract last week for a 5hr per week job. However, I figured out the problem on the first hour. Now I do not know what to do. I have been messaging my client asking if he has anything he wants me to do but he's not responding. Should I just wait until he has something for me to do? Should the contract be done since I have figured out the problem/resolved the issue? Will I be paid for that hour worth of work that I did?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ronel,

When you're working on hourly contracts you will need to track your time with our Desktop app so that your clients are charged. Your clients will be billed every Monday for the hours you have worked in the previous week.

To learn more about how you're getting paid on Hourly contracts check out this Help Article.
Regarding when you start with your work, unfortunately, I can't advise you about this. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ronel,

When you're working on hourly contracts you will need to track your time with our Desktop app so that your clients are charged. Your clients will be billed every Monday for the hours you have worked in the previous week.

To learn more about how you're getting paid on Hourly contracts check out this Help Article.
Regarding when you start with your work, unfortunately, I can't advise you about this. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths