🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contract Rate Increased
Page options
irshadbabar
Community Member

Contract Rate Increased

Hi, I have a question if my client increase my hourly rate then what happens with existing contract? I have seen that on public profile it will be same with the new rate but internally it would be a new contract. So what would be the structure of upwork to charge then? will again they start from the 20% fee then to 10% and finally to 5% ?  or would it be merged with the old contract?

Thank you so much.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The Upwork fee is based on total earnings by client, across all contracts with the client.  It doesn't relate to the amount you charge the client. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

The Upwork fee is based on all contracts from the same client.

Thank you for reply but I need to understand that if client increase rate, let's take an example that current hourly rate is 10 and Upwork is charging 10% as the contract has reached more than 1000$, now client increase the contract rate to 12 per hour. so how upwork will charge for the updated contract as it seems a new project internally shown to freelancer.

Do you mean that fee will be based on client?

The Upwork fee is based on total earnings by client, across all contracts with the client.  It doesn't relate to the amount you charge the client. 

Thanks Miriam for better explanation.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths