🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contract Removed
Page options
474cbc76
Community Member

Contract Removed

Hi, I am a new freelancer and I brought two clients who were willing to work with me. Although I communicate privately with them but all of us agreed to process payment and work through Upwork. The issue is, one of my client posted a job, hired me, funded first milestone (escrow) but had some financial constraints in funding the other two milestones. I reminded her to extend the due date but she forgot. The last milestone due date was August 12 and the job was removed (probably because of due date expiration of last milestone). I asked the client and she did not received the first milestone payment and I also did not received it. Both of us are wiling to work but the due date expiration caused an issue. I hope you can help us in this regard. I mean how to proceed? Where is the payment of first milestone (I already submitted the work)?  Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

A Job is not removed because of some due date, upwork does not care about that. Maybe it was considered to be against the ToS. 

You should not offer academic writing, in most cases that will be against ToS.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

A Job is not removed because of some due date, upwork does not care about that. Maybe it was considered to be against the ToS. 

You should not offer academic writing, in most cases that will be against ToS.

So Academic Writing (e.g., research proposal, thesis, research papers) are against Upwork ToS?

Absolutely forbidden. 

Thank you. I appreciate all the help. Anyway what about editing and proofreading academic writing? Is it legal? I am only good at academic writing so it's my only chance to make something. Also, what about paid amount for removed contract? The client funded the first milestone and I submitted work but it did not got approved. Therefore, the amount was in review. Will I receive it since I submitted the work or will the client get it back? I am very thankful for all the help you provided. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths