🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contract Suspended but client still wants to ...
Page options
c_pinney
Community Member

Contract Suspended but client still wants to me to proceed with work

I received an hourly contract, accepted and I'm expected to start working on it today however I received a notification early this morning alerting me that the contract was suspended. The client has been amazing so far and I would love to keep working with her but I run the risk of not being paid for my services as a result of the contract suspension. 
Can anyone give me some advice on how to proceed? Is there anything I can do on my end to resolve this issue or should I just sit tight and wait until it's resolved on the clients end? 

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Can anyone give me some advice on how to proceed?"

You can't work on the contract while it is suspended. It is not up to you. You didn't suspend the contract, Upwork did.

When Upwork un-suspends the contract, you can work on it again.

re: "Is there anything I can do on my end to resolve this issue?"

No.

re: "should I just sit tight and wait until it's resolved on the clients end?"

Yes.

Thanks for your help with yet another one of my Upwork questions Preston!!

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Tell the client Upwork has notified you the project is suspended, so you can't do any further work until Upwork unsuspends it. You will let the client know as soon as Upwork lets you know you can work on the project again.

They will already know this, but it will help keep your relationship professional and the lines of communication with the client open.

Will do, thanks Will!

devine2020
Community Member

Sit tight and wait until it's resolved on the clients end

Will do, thanks Rajib!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths