🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Contract Suspension is lowing the JSS sco...
Page options
muhammadmoizkhan
Community Member

Contract Suspension is lowing the JSS score.

I am new to Upwork. I did four job in Upwork till date, three of which went successful along with excellent client feed-back, but the only job that I am not able to complete till now is because client is unresponsive from the start. He offered me the job, and since after then he is not responding me to any of my messages, now Upwork have suspended this contract which had directly affect my first JSS score which would had been 100% is now 75%. 

Kindly assist me in this regard as it is not my fault, client is not responding to me till date. Why it is affecting my JSS score.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Moiz,

I checked your contract and see it has been placed on hold. I also see you took action on the Milestone and our Support team advised regarding the questions you raised on your support ticket. Please refer to the information our team provided, check this Help article on and note that the closing reason William mentioned is displayed after selecting the option to end the contract (available on your end). However, I'd advise to, since you've already submitted the Milestone for the work you completed, consider whether to wait for the 14-day period to expire before closing the contract.

Regarding the impact this contract has had on your Job Success Score, we do strongly advise freelancers that if their client is not responding to their requests, especially for the prolonged period of time, to consider closing the contract to avoid a negative effect inactive contracts have on their score after a certain time frame, that we can't specify or advise on. I can't advise on the scenarios and contract outcomes you mentioned, since they include a number of factors. However, I would like to direct you to check our main Help article on how the Job Success Score is calculated, confirm that getting paid on an inactive contract does help improve its effect on the score, as well as receiving feedback, and suggest focusing on completing your existing and future contracts successfully in order to advance your career on Upwork further and subsequently, improve your Job Success Score. 

Feel free to follow up on your ticket if you have any contract-specific question and post in the Community if you have any other questions or need assistance. Even with the inconvenience you're having with one contract, you've done exemplary work for other clients and shouldn't let this affect your motivation or dedication. Keep providing great work and you're bound to improve your score sooner than you expect.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
wmdrummond
Community Member

Go into your contract page and end the contact. One of the reasons is for an unresponsive client.

Thanks for the response William,

I don't see any option of unresponsive client, may be this because I submitted the work that I did it on my end, would that affect my JSS if client don't feedback even within or after 14 days, or should I end contract now with in this 14 days quanta.

Kindly feedback me as I am new on upwork.

Moiz, if this is a fixed price contract and the client hasn’t approved the milestone, then DO NOT close the contract because if you do, then you will not be paid.

Hi Moiz,

I checked your contract and see it has been placed on hold. I also see you took action on the Milestone and our Support team advised regarding the questions you raised on your support ticket. Please refer to the information our team provided, check this Help article on and note that the closing reason William mentioned is displayed after selecting the option to end the contract (available on your end). However, I'd advise to, since you've already submitted the Milestone for the work you completed, consider whether to wait for the 14-day period to expire before closing the contract.

Regarding the impact this contract has had on your Job Success Score, we do strongly advise freelancers that if their client is not responding to their requests, especially for the prolonged period of time, to consider closing the contract to avoid a negative effect inactive contracts have on their score after a certain time frame, that we can't specify or advise on. I can't advise on the scenarios and contract outcomes you mentioned, since they include a number of factors. However, I would like to direct you to check our main Help article on how the Job Success Score is calculated, confirm that getting paid on an inactive contract does help improve its effect on the score, as well as receiving feedback, and suggest focusing on completing your existing and future contracts successfully in order to advance your career on Upwork further and subsequently, improve your Job Success Score. 

Feel free to follow up on your ticket if you have any contract-specific question and post in the Community if you have any other questions or need assistance. Even with the inconvenience you're having with one contract, you've done exemplary work for other clients and shouldn't let this affect your motivation or dedication. Keep providing great work and you're bound to improve your score sooner than you expect.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Dear Vladmimir G,

Thanks for your detailed response, I really appreciated the support you and other members have provided to me. 

I got answered of almost all of my question, but would like you to answer one of my last query which is the following:- 

(Q) Query: 
If I wait for 14 days span, and client don't feedback nor he rates even after 14 days would it decrease or improve my current JSS? Or should I end it now? What will Upwork usually suggest to freelancers.

Thanks.

Hi Moiz,

If you completed work on the milestone and submitted it, as Vladimir noted, it'd be better to wait until the 14-day review period is over before closing the contract. Please, note that if you close a fixed-price contract with money still funded in Escrow, the funded amount will be automatically refunded to the client and whether there is money paid on the contract or not makes a difference for JSS.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths