🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contract changes
Page options
aleetamoor
Community Member

Contract changes

Hi upwork community,
Need some guidance. I got a test job contract and my client paid for it once i got successful in test, he then offered me a full fixed contract.
After doing some part of work the client company wanted to pay me for some of that contract.
But the person who released payment from client company paid it as a bonus in the test contract as he couldnt see any pending oayments.
But now the other contract is still standing as it is.
Now us there any solution or should I wait for the next payment after completion of work and request that payment from that contract.
3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Ali,

I checked and it looks like you have a Fixed Price contract. If the test job has been completed, you may request the client to end the contract. You can check this help article also to learn more about how you can get paid with Fixed Price contracts. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne, thanks alot for your kind reply. But i am still in confusion.
As the fixed contract is still there but the client already paid me almost 80 percent of contract in the previous test job contract as a bonus because their new manager didnt see this contract.
So if we end this contract without any payment i think it might effect my rating? Because it will look like that I havent completed work.?
The ither option i thought is that i will do more work and will request the next payment from this contract particularly

Hi Ali,

If a contract without earnings is closed, while the parties won’t be able to provide public feedback, they can still provide private feedback. If the client provides positive private feedback on a contract with no earnings, that contract will be excluded from JSS. If the client specifies in their feedback that the contract had a negative outcome, that will be counted in the score. Here is the help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths