🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Contract close issue
Page options
shailesh_webpixa
Community Member

Contract close issue

Hi,

I was work with one client and he is also maid payment for 1 task is 20$. and He was give me one more task when i asked if any other work for me than. 

But after completing 2nd task. That clinet was didn't paid me. and also I was try to tell him that task is already done so please end my contract. But he was not even replying to me.

Please help me about this what should I want to do about this?

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shailesh,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with your client.
I checked your contract and I can confirm that you didn't had any new milestones created. Please keep in mind not to work until a milestone is created for a new task and always check if the agreed budget is fully funded on your milestone. To learn more how to protect yourself check out our resources Here.

Our Fixed payment protection does not cover unfunded milestones and promised funds, to learn more how you`re protected on Fixed price contracts check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran for helping me.

So is there any possibilites to close contract by self without any issue?

As I've compeleted my task successfully.

Hi Shailesh, 

You should be able to close this contract with your client, and leave appropriate feedback for your client. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Thanks for replying to me.

I would like to know such things. If I will close contract from my side then client can able to give any feedback to me?

Or it will affect to my profile getting job scrore?

Hi Shailesh,

When a contract is closed by you or your client, both parties have 14 days to leave feedback on the contract. To learn more about the factors included in your JSS calculation and how can they affect your JSS check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths