cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract completion, a review issue

Junaid A Member Since: Oct 26, 2016
1 of 4

Hello beautiful people,

Hope you're all doing great. I am new to UpWork and I like it here so much that I am offering my already (direct) clients to pay me on UpWork. The only thing that is a bit complex and my cilents have confusion in undertanding the process is the project completion and feedback system.

I have some questions which I'd appreciate kind and straight answers to.

1. I prefer working on hourly projects. My question is if I have worked last week and the work is in review period, can I end that contract? If I end it, process of the last week hours will be the same, right? Or do I have to end the contract once the working hours are approved on Friday?

2. I had a project ($12 only) which the client created just to get the right developer. I got paid and got reviews on other projects from that client but he somehow missed/skipped the $12 project (I did get paid the amount) but he provided no feedback. Now, the client is a ghost, his emails, IMs nothing is working even the emails won't reach out to him and return a not found error.

The question is, how will this "no feedback given" project affect my Job Success Score?

I appreciate your answer in advance.

Thanks,

Junaid

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

1) It does not matter when the contract is closed, but DO try and have the client close it rather than closing it yourself, so you are sure to get feedback (whoever closes the contract has to leave feedback so NO need to ask the client for feedback, just let them do the contract closing)

2) Yes, that contract could negatively affect your JSS when you eventually get one.  One "no feedback" contract in many contracts does not affect you. One in few, however, frequently does.

Do get into the habit of getting your clients to close contracts, don't do so yourself unless more than 3 months without activity have elapsed.

Junaid A Member Since: Oct 26, 2016
3 of 4

Thank you Petra for the clarification.

Well, I did close it so I think I'll have to bear the consequences. You said, "unless more than 3 months without activity have elapsed", what happens to the contract with no activity for 3 months? Is it accepted automatically without client satisfaction? or the JSS eligibility time for that contract has passed?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 4

@Junaid A wrote:

Thank you Petra for the clarification.

Well, I did close it so I think I'll have to bear the consequences. You said, "unless more than 3 months without activity have elapsed", what happens to the contract with no activity for 3 months? Is it accepted automatically without client satisfaction? or the JSS eligibility time for that contract has passed?

Too many contracts that are "in a coma" so to speak will count against your job success score eventually, so it's important to make sure most clients close the contract when the work is done.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS