🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contract completion help
Page options
jwarren73
Community Member

Contract completion help

I've completed my first job here and received payment. How do I close the contract so I can receive a job completion rating? My client is also new to Upwork...
6 REPLIES 6
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Jon,

Please follow these steps to help you end your contract:

1.) Go to My Jobs tab.

2.) Choose All Contracts.

3.) Select the contract you want to end

4.) At the right side, you will see a button with three dots

5.) select End Contract.

Please read this article about ending contracts for more information. Please see screenshot attached.

Thank you.

endContractss.png

Untitled

Hi Ryan, 

I'm new to the community, and I recently completed my first contract. I followed the steps here, but the client said he received this message: 

"As a freelancer, your billing period for hourly contracts* begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. Your funds are available 10 days later.
When working hourly contracts, all time logged in the Work Diary by the freelancer is automatically invoiced to the client using the schedule below.

As soon as I ended the contract and this is what it showed me"

Can you offer any guidance here? 

Hi Lawrence,

The client will be billed automatically according to the Weekly Billing Cycle for the hours you logged. Even if the client closed the contract after you logged hours, the client will be billed.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kat303
Community Member

@Jon W wrote:
I've completed my first job here and received payment. How do I close the contract so I can receive a job completion rating? My client is also new to Upwork...

It's best that the CLIENT close the contract. That way the client will be required to leave feedback.

jwarren73
Community Member

Ok, thanks... after 40+ proposals and only landing 1 job, I was really looking forward to having a JSS and feedback rating once I received payment, so that I could land jobs easier... no response yet from the client though after several days.

Jon W wrote:
Ok, thanks... after 40+ proposals and only landing 1 job, I was really looking forward to having a JSS and feedback rating once I received payment, so that I could land jobs easier... no response yet from the client though after several days.

You were unfortunately very ill-advised to close the contract yourself. You always should let the client do that, because that way he has to give you feedback, after which you can leave feedback for the client. 

Now the client can still leave you feedback, but if he doesn't, there's nothing you can do about it. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths