🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contract ended, when are funds available for ...
Page options
phoebe-berg
Community Member

Contract ended, when are funds available for pay out?

I did completed my first contract on upwork! I loved the job, and will continue work with this client. 

I am having troubel understanding the contract process. The contract was marked completed by the client.

The total contract was $20.

The milestone amount is marked paid $10.

Remaining amount $10. 

Total Earnings $20. 

Does this mean I am getting paid $20 and $10 is outstanding? 

4 REPLIES 4
colettelewis
Community Member

@Phoebe Sanna B wrote:

I did completed my first contract on upwork! I loved the job, and will continue work with this client. 

I am having troubel understanding the contract process. The contract was marked completed by the client.

The total contract was $20.

The milestone amount is marked paid $10.

Remaining amount $10. 

Total Earnings $20. 

Does this mean I am getting paid $20 and $10 is outstanding? 

If the client approved the work when you submitted it and  has now closed the contract it means you will only get paid $10 (less Upwork's fees) as that is all he paid into escrow. If you go to "Reports" on your jobfeed page you should see that the amount is in "pending". 

As the agreed amount was $20, your client owes you $10, but all you can do now is to ask him to give you a bonus payment, otherwise, it looks as if you have lost out on this contract. 

ETA: You should read this before doing any more fixed-rate jobs: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063748-Fixed-Price-Protection-for-Freelancers

The contract is showing as $ 20 paid on her profile so the client likely simply adjusted the amount then approving the first milestone.

@Petra R wrote:

The contract is showing as $ 20 paid on her profile so the client likely simply adjusted the amount then approving the first milestone.

Oh good! I didn't look at the OP's profile. Smiley Embarassed

Thank you 🙂 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths