🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Contract paused by Upwork - how to reach ...
Page options
chacon_lisa
Community Member

Contract paused by Upwork - how to reach customer service?

Hi y'all. Upwork paused my very first contract due to unspecified issues with the client. The client said she wasn't notified, but she's been using upwork for 2 years and it should be fine, "keep working."

It appears to be impossible to talk with an Upwork employee, to be confirm that she did receive a notice of the contract being paused and knows how to fix it. Every single help link and chatbot leads me back to the community landing page. SMH.

So I ask you, WTH, is this normal? What to do? 

Thanks,
Lisa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear about the status of your contract. While we can't share any details, please ask your client to communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account and resume your contract. Make sure to stop working on this contract and continue only after you can see that the contract has been resumed.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear about the status of your contract. While we can't share any details, please ask your client to communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account and resume your contract. Make sure to stop working on this contract and continue only after you can see that the contract has been resumed.

~ Bojan
Upwork
deb123456
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I was also unable to get in touch with any upwork employees and I have a major problem. Way too many of the jobs I have applied to are being taken down by upwork and I'm not getting refunded the credits that I spent applying to the job. How can I get my credits back? I'm concerned because I paid for the upgrade and now all of my credits are gone.

Thanks!

Diana

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diana,

Unfortunately, connects are only returned if a job is canceled either by our team in case it's in violation of Upwork ToS or by the client if they don't want to proceed with it. You can view your Connects History in the Settings> Membership & Connects and find more information here.

~ Bojan
Upwork
deb123456
Community Member

Yes exactly, it was canceled by your team at Upwork, please return my
credits, almost half of them went to jobs that were canceled by Upwork
today.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diana,

Could you please send me a PM with information about the job posts you are referring to.

I'll follow up on your message and assist further accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thanks, I've already done that. And stopped working. 

But it brings up a few questions - is the community forum the only way to get customer support from Upwork? Are you an employee of Upwork? As a newbie, I'm concerned about not being able to have someone look into a client account and determine what is amiss. This is a minor incident, but I've spent a lot of time going in circles trying to get help today to resolve this. 

Thanks,
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Yes, you will recognize Community Moderators by Upwork's logo next to our names.   

Unfortunately, we won't be able to address another user's account status or provide details here in the Community.

I'll follow up with our support team about your request. One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket to address your concern.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Great, thank you Bojan!

Community Member

Contract Paused by Upwork,

Hi everyone, so I have my first client here on Upwork, after a month suddenly my contract is paused by Upwork for no apparent reason, client says that there's no problem on her end and Upwork continues to bill her on regular basis, Is there anyone can help me with my problem?

Thanks in advance

Riah,

Hi Maria,

I am sorry for the late response. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Nikola S,
Thank you for the response, I already answer the email that upwork support sends me, but not yet received any reply, We are in continuous touch with the client. They've been trying to reach out to Upwork for days now with no reply. Can you please get in touch with them urgently? They have advised that there is no open balance and the client is getting charged for work by Upwork. Is there any information you need about my client's ticket or message about the concern? In order for you to check it asap? and address it Immediately? Here is the Info on my client's Request Yesterday: # 37360676, Please,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths