🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contract "Closed" Status & Closing Steps
Page options
cutshaw-debbie
Community Member

Contract "Closed" Status & Closing Steps

How can I tell if the client closed the contract?  And secondly, what are the steps I can send them in case they don't know how to close it?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Debbie,

I checked this for you, and your contract is still active. You can check this by going to your Contracts and select contract you are referring to, which will bring you to the contract room page of the selected contract.  Once it's closed it will state Compleated below the Contract tile instead of Active since.

You can share this help article with your Client for more information about how they can close your contract.

You can check this help article for more information about how you can close contract if you don't expect more work to do with your Client and if the client doesn't reply to your requests to close the contract.

We recommend that the freelancer lets the client close the contract because in this case, the Client will be providing feedback for you.

Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
abdulrazaq89
Community Member

Hi Debbie, 

You can close the contract from your side as well. So close the contract and leave feedback and then client will also get an notificatin and follow them accordingly. 

Easy and comfortable. 

Best,

Abdul

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Debbie,

I checked this for you, and your contract is still active. You can check this by going to your Contracts and select contract you are referring to, which will bring you to the contract room page of the selected contract.  Once it's closed it will state Compleated below the Contract tile instead of Active since.

You can share this help article with your Client for more information about how they can close your contract.

You can check this help article for more information about how you can close contract if you don't expect more work to do with your Client and if the client doesn't reply to your requests to close the contract.

We recommend that the freelancer lets the client close the contract because in this case, the Client will be providing feedback for you.

Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I always try to search for answers first... Appreciate the help when I get stuck!

Thank you!

Debbie

@Debbie C wrote:

I always try to search for answers first... Appreciate the help when I get stuck!

Thank you!

Debbie

When the client ends the contract, he has to provide feedback at this point. At the same time you receive an email, and you are able to provide feedback for the client then.

It is recommended that the client ends the contract first, because otherwise you most likely will not receive feedback, which can be bad for your JSS in the long-term. 

Only if a client is unresponsive for months, close the contract yourself. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths