🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contract temporarily suspended
Page options
nicksoucy
Community Member

Contract temporarily suspended

While not entirely new to Upwork, this is the first job that has been put on hold for me.

I successfully completed one job with a client and he kept the contract open for a forthcoming job— which hasn’t even been offered yet.

Today, Upwork tells me the contract is on hold.

I’m assuming it’s a financial issue with the client? The notification email to me was vague.

Just curious what this usually means.

Thanks,

Nick
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I’m assuming it’s a financial issue with the client?"

Yes, that is usually the case.

re: "The notification email to me was vague."

That is intentional. The problem is with a client's account, not yours. Upwork does not want to share much information. It's a privacy thing.

re: "Just curious what this usually means."

Usually means there is a "financial" issue with the client's account. Probably their credit card couldn't be charged. Maybe the card they have been using for a couple of years expired, and they need to update the expiration date. It might take a few minutes for the client to resolve this. Or a few days. Or never.

What does it mean for you? You simply don't work on the contract while it is suspended. Very simple.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I’m assuming it’s a financial issue with the client?"

Yes, that is usually the case.

re: "The notification email to me was vague."

That is intentional. The problem is with a client's account, not yours. Upwork does not want to share much information. It's a privacy thing.

re: "Just curious what this usually means."

Usually means there is a "financial" issue with the client's account. Probably their credit card couldn't be charged. Maybe the card they have been using for a couple of years expired, and they need to update the expiration date. It might take a few minutes for the client to resolve this. Or a few days. Or never.

What does it mean for you? You simply don't work on the contract while it is suspended. Very simple.

Makes sense. Thanks.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths