🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contract was suspended/paused
Page options
a9af04b2
Community Member

Contract was suspended/paused

Hi,

I have an active contract that got suspended due to the client's credit card issue. It has been 3 days now that the client has not contacted me yet. Apparently, I can't leave my supposed to hours with him on idle. Do you think it's better if I just accept a new job opportunity while I wait for him to reinstate our contract? I just don't know when he can resolve the issue and I can't take any more lost hours due to this. Your advice is higly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Of course you should accept a new job opportunity, or actively look for new jobs.

The client with a paused contact is paying you nothing right now. You owe that client nothing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Of course you should accept a new job opportunity, or actively look for new jobs.

The client with a paused contact is paying you nothing right now. You owe that client nothing.

Thanks, Preston! I was just afraid that the client might resume our contract anytime soon and I can no longer continue as my hours are already filled with my new client and leave me with a bad feedback. 😞

The paused contract may be unpaused five minutes from now. Or tomorrow. Or never.

Ultimatately, you need to make your own choice about this. But it is normal for freelancers to have more than one active concurrent contract.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths