🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contract
Page options
ngangawahu
Community Member

Contract

Hello, i was hired for transcrption job butit went south. the job is ongoing project but according to Upwork i have to end any inactive contract for my score not to be affected. Kindly advice on the way forward thanks

2 REPLIES 2
jcullinan
Community Member

@Wahu N wrote:

Hello, i was hired for transcrption job butit went south. the job is ongoing project but according to Upwork i have to end any inactive contract for my score not to be affected. Kindly advice on the way forward thanks

There is no ongoing job listed on your profile page, or any contracts at all. Are you sure you have a contract through Upwork? If there is nothing listed on your My Jobs page, then you are working for this client outside of the platform, which is a major violation of the Terms of Service and will get your account suspended and removed from the platform. If you refunded the client completely, then the contract would also not show on your profile, but it would also be closed.

For general information, any open Upwork contract without payment within 90 days (or so) counts as "inactive," and will negatively impact the Job Success Score. You do not have a JSS, because there is no work history listed on your profile, and it takes five to ten contracts (or so) for there to be enough information to calculate one.

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Wahu,

I see that your contract has already ended on April 4th. The way to see this is by clicking on your My Jobs tab, then All Contracts, and selecting your contract from the list. You'll see the start and end date of the contract.

~Nina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths