🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Correct phone number format
Page options
c_paular
Community Member

Correct phone number format

Hello! I'm currently filling up forms on "Set up Payments: Direct to Local Bank" for my payment method. I keep on getting errors with my phone number's format. I'm from the Philippines. Hope to get help the soonest! Thank you!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carla,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please try without the plus (+) sign in your country code area for the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carla,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please try without the plus (+) sign in your country code area for the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for the quick response! I have another question, I still cannot setup the payment method even after checking all the required information. All we're correct, I don't know what seems to be the problem.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Carla,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes! Everything is working fine now. I appreciate your help, thanks a lot 🙂

tried to type phone number without + and still it is not working. Need help please

Hi Kiran,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

excuse me, i've entered the country code without the + and it was accepted. but then it said
"Your request was unsuccessful. Please make sure payment method details are correct and up to date."

can someone help?

Hi, I tried this solution but it did not work for me. I input (63)995xxxxxxx. Please help. Thanks

Hi Reynaldo,

Please leave space after the brackets and try adding it again, (country code) (space) phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! Mine works with this format (639) #########.

HI .. SIR I AM ALSO GETTING SAME ISSUE AS CARLA P HAVE.. I AM FROM INDIA AND I AM NEW TO THIS FIELD. I DONT KNOW THE PHONE NUMBER FORMAT .. PLZ SIR HELP ME ..

Hi Surandip,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.
~ Aleksandar
Upwork
aranasrachel_a76
Community Member

Same problem , i already tried w/ +sign , and space between the country but it wont work , need some solution for this , thank you

Hi Rachel,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

it doest work either

Hi Rachel and Raquel,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area.

Rachel, If you`re still receiving the error on your end, could you please share the format in which you`re trying to add your number? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! For Philippine cellphone numbers, mine works with this format (639) *********

90d86a77
Community Member

I am a freelancer from India & new to upwork. I am trying to enter my details in "Get Paid" section but my contact number is not being entered. The system is asking for a specific contact number format. I have tried all hook & crook but the contact is not being saved therefore i am unable to save my get paid bank details aswell. Please help me in resolving my issue!

Hi Sagrika,

Please add your number in the following format: (country code) (space) phone number. Also please don't add any signs in the number or before the country code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran. Thanks for your prompt reply. I have tried to enter the format explained by you but still there is an error poping up. Sharing a screenshot for your reference. Please help if you have any suggestions as it is getting very frustrating for me.

Hi Sgarika,

Please remove the plus sign before your country code and also add brackets before and after your country code as it's shown in the error message. Example: (222) 33333333.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks a lot Goran! My issue is resoved.

rvaldueza
Community Member

Good afternoon, 

I can´t add my phone number in the details for the bank account reference. I do not understand the reason it does accept the format of the phone number

Please, could you help me?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths