🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Could anybody here give about the experiences...
Page options
dysopheak
Community Member

Could anybody here give about the experiences to get the first client?

Hey there! I've been here almost two weeks searching for my first job. I have submutted 20 proposals until today and I've got no response from any of them. I've been searching for the tips from Internet articles and comments. As some adviced me to improve my hourly rate and update my review for the service and be wise for the proposal writing. I did as well. But still now I get none response. I saw many for freelancers who experienced like me have deactive their account. Few of them successfully got the clients. Could anybody here give about the experiences to get the first client?

Best regard, Sopheak D.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Sopheak D wrote:

Hey there! I've been here almost two weeks searching for my first job. I have submutted 20 proposals until today and I've got no response from any of them. I've been searching for the tips from Internet articles and comments. As some adviced me to improve my hourly rate and update my review for the service and be wise for the proposal writing. I did as well. But still now I get none response. I saw many for freelancers who experienced like me have deactive their account. Few of them successfully got the clients. Could anybody here give about the experiences to get the first client?

Best regard, Sopheak D.

The experience of getting the first job will vary greatly depending of area of skills and relevant competition. 

One thing you surely need is patience, and posting every few days about your proposals will not change that. Take some tests, it's better use of your time. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Sopheak D wrote:

Best regard, Sopheak D.

The experience of getting the first job will vary greatly depending of area of skills and relevant competition. 

One thing you surely need is patience, and posting every few days about your proposals will not change that. Take some tests, it's better use of your time. 

Thank you for your tips Martina P. I have passed two tests according to my skill. I saw some freelancers didn't even take test, but they have works from clients and some have passed more than five tests, but they have empty of work.

@Sopheak D wrote:

Thank you for your tips Martina P. I have passed two tests according to my skill. I saw some freelancers didn't even take test, but they have works from clients and some have passed more than five tests, but they have empty of work.

Established freelancers might have had lesser competition when they started, and having passed many tests with great results is not a job guarantee, but still, your time is better spent taking tests than arguing with me why you don't want to do it. 

You have to do everything you can to increase your chances, no?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths