🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Couple of job posts but no interview
Page options
v_diane
Community Member

Couple of job posts but no interview

Good day.

I noticed that the job post I've been interested in has been posted 3 times (in different days) since I first saw it, and I've sent proposals for each. The oldest one was last viewed by client 4 days ago and the newest was last viewed 10 hours ago, but all 3 have zero "interviewing" count. I'm just wondering what would be the reason why those job posts would not have at least 1 interviewing count for any of them?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Diane V wrote:

Good day.

I noticed that the job post I've been interested in has been posted 3 times (in different days) since I first saw it, and I've sent proposals for each. The oldest one was last viewed by client 4 days ago and the newest was last viewed 10 hours ago, but all 3 have zero "interviewing" count. I'm just wondering what would be the reason why those job posts would not have at least 1 interviewing count for any of them?

It's hard to say what any clients motivations are, but you should not apply to identical job postings multiple times, you are just wasting your connects. It is not allowed to post the SAME job multiple times, you should flag them when you see that. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Diane V wrote:

Good day.

It's hard to say what any clients motivations are, but you should not apply to identical job postings multiple times, you are just wasting your connects. It is not allowed to post the SAME job multiple times, you should flag them when you see that. 

Thank you! I will keep that in mind. Although I'm not sure about flagging a potential client. I wouldn't want any friction between us.

Diane V wrote:

Thank you! I will keep that in mind. Although I'm not sure about flagging a potential client. I wouldn't want any friction between us.

The client will never know that anybody flagged their account, this is completely confidential. We all need to do our part to keep clients in check if we find them violating the rules. 

Got it! 

oscar64
Community Member

It's 2023 and this is still an issue. Now we pay connects to apply to these jobs and I think it's not very thoughtful for anyone to neglect all those applicants 20- 50 without a single interview; do the clients even know we pay money to apply to these jobs, some of us do. Bottom line if a client is not willing to hire anyone find a way to let the talents know, or make fresh clients build more credibility when they post a job or just get rid of the fake jobs from the beginning and restore our connects. We need it! I understand this may not be very straight forward to do, but find a way. There are real clients looking to hire real talents and others just post jobs and we spend a lot of connects to bid and in the end no one gets interviewed. Just a clear waste of connects as I see it. This is getting rather common and is costing me my connects, which is funds; and it's also the reason I get more skeptical when applying to jobs I can do. I don't want to waste precious connects.

At least pay more attention to also support the freelancers, some of us actually do the job.

Thanks.

I've been invited to multiple interviews too recently. I usually reply within 1hr. I don't see that many proposal listed or people being interviewed. The client never respond though. This has happend couple of time. (Usually when a customer is really looking for someone and post interview and I reply, i get an interview or at least some interaction). Nothing in a least the last 3 jobs.

Are they fishing for skills?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths