🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Cover latter
Page options
sojib1994
Community Member

Cover latter

I need some cover latter sample, can anyone help me?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
florydev
Community Member

M sojibur R wrote:

I will give you some advice instead.  Personally, I think many people treat it like it is a cover letter for a resume and introduce themselves.  To me, I think this is an oppurtunity to speak to the client about their project and what value you will bring to it.  You should write a concise, well focused answer to the problems the client i having and your first two lines should be interesting enough that they will click on your proposal and read the whole thing.

Short.  To the point.  Impactful.  Don't spend forever and ever one one and since it is a unique answer a template or sample will not help you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

M sojibur R wrote:

You need to write your own, specifically for each job post you reply to. You can't use templates.

Go through all of this carefully

Thank You

florydev
Community Member

M sojibur R wrote:

I will give you some advice instead.  Personally, I think many people treat it like it is a cover letter for a resume and introduce themselves.  To me, I think this is an oppurtunity to speak to the client about their project and what value you will bring to it.  You should write a concise, well focused answer to the problems the client i having and your first two lines should be interesting enough that they will click on your proposal and read the whole thing.

Short.  To the point.  Impactful.  Don't spend forever and ever one one and since it is a unique answer a template or sample will not help you.

Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths