🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Cover letter Copy from my doc
Page options
rana_s_m_rubel
Community Member

Cover letter Copy from my doc

I have written my cover letter into my doc. When i need to send propoosal i copy my cover letter from that doc and paste it into my proposal and do edit if it needed. I heard that, copy pasting in job proposal made my proposal hidden to the client. Is it true? 

1. How can i be sure, by proposal is getting hidden to the client side?

I am new. So far, i sent 38 jobs, got 3 jobs and 15 submitted propsal. 

2. Has it any bad affect sending so many proposals and getting no jobs? I apply what i really can do and very good at it.

Please give me your precious advices.

Regards.

5 REPLIES 5
varungs
Community Member

There is no Upwork policy disallowing a proposal template. You don't need to write a proposal from scratch for every single job. That being said, you have a higher chance of being accepted if you tailor your proposal specifically to what the client wants. Copy/paste proposals can come off as impersonal. Clients also like knowing that you have an eye for detail - sending a proposal without mentioning specifics from the listing itself is a negative.

That being said, sending 38 proposals and getting 3 jobs (as a new user) is really quite good. There are thousands of freelancers that never, ever land their first job even after sending tens of proposals. Keep up the good work. It's going to get easier as the positive reviews start flooding in.

petra_r
Community Member

Varun G wrote:

There is no Upwork policy disallowing a proposal template.

Wrong.

Varun G wrote:

You don't need to write a proposal from scratch for every single job.

Very poor advice. There is even a specific flag for clients to report such proposals.

Can you please eleborate it? 

S M Rubel R wrote:

Can you please eleborate it? 

You are supposed to write your cover letter individually tailored to the client's specific job post. Templated cover letters are very obvious to experienced clients and they can and do report such cover letters to Upwork.

Here is an example of a top rated freelancer who was permanently suspended for repeatedly using a template proposal

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths