🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Creating Profile and I can't add "street fiel...
Page options
bulbgraphics
Community Member

Creating Profile and I can't add "street field"

The "street" field is greyed out so I can't enter my street info. But this is preventing me from moving to complete my profile. 

31 REPLIES 31
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joey,

I checked this for you and your account is already completed and accepted. Could you please log into your account, go to your Settings> Contact Info, then click on the pencil icon next to Location if you wont to update your address. You can use the filed that says "Start Typing your Address" and select your address from the drop-down. Make sure that the City field is completed. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Bojan
Upwork

hey bojan im having the same problem and theres no way i can go into my setting to change it because it won t let me move on unless i type in my street

Hi Brian,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with submitting your application for the review, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mcschemm
Community Member

Same issue, I can’t add my street address because the field is grayed out. I cannot finish my profile because my street is required.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with completing and submitting your application.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b_colia
Community Member

Hi, just piggybacking into this thread with the same issue.  My account has not been approved yet, can't move on due to this error.

Hi Ben,

I'm sorry for the trouble you're having. One of our customer support agents will reach out to you directly to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
mcschemm
Community Member

I gave up.

Hi Michael,

I just had a look at your account and we're sorry to hear about your concern. The customer service agent have explained everything in detail here as i can see. I did however followed up on your account and our team would reach out to you via email. Let me know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

i have found on the same problem, i can't put the street address, when i want to submit then i got an error.

Hi Shila,

Could you please share the text of the error you`ve received on your end? I would suggest to try and clear your cache and cookies or log in via another browser to complete your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Shila,

Please delete all of your fields and start typing the address under the Street Address tab. Here you will see a drop down menu with suggestions. Once you select your address from the drop down all fields will be autopopulated. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i didn't find any suggestion in street tab, only i hvae found on the suggestion on city tab.

Hi Shila,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Michael,

I just had a look at your account and we're sorry to hear about your concern. The customer service agent have explained everything in detail here as i can see. I did however followed up on your account and our team would reach out to you via email. Let me know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

Same issue here, I can`t fill out the street field in the create a profile screen. Please let me know if you have a fix, thanks.

Hi Justin, 

Please start typing your address in the field that it says "Start Typing your Address" and you will see a drop-down menu with suggestions. Once you chose one everything will be auto populated. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I am having the same problem - could I kindly ask for help? 

Hi Roza,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will be sent to your email as well. From there you can also communicate with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

"Street" box will not let me type anything into it.

Hi Dylan, 

Please try typing in the "Start typing your address" field, and it will auto-populate with different addresses as you type along. Once your address is available in the options, please select it, and the rest of the address fields will auto-populate.

~ Avery
Upwork
jodypm
Community Member

Hi Michael,

Don't give up. I'm a freelancer like you and if you just stick with it, you can see great benefits. Issues like this, with form fields, are not uncommon in websites, and even the biggest and brightest of developers and designers fumble the ball with input fields every now and then.

I hope to see you on Upwork and let me know when you get that first contract.

Best regards,

Jody PM

Hey I am having the same issue

Hi Joe,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked but couldn't replicate the issue. Please start typing the address in the field (1) and if the address can't be located, the next field (2) will become available for you to manually enter the address as shown in this screenshot. Please note that a text will appear under the field 1 asking you to add the address manually. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
fc709b71
Community Member

I am having the same problem. It's not permitting me to enter the street address and the error is keep coming due to not having street address written

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jazib,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
2b77c411
Community Member

I got the same issue as above. Can't complete the registration, won't let me type anything into the street address field. Any mod here to help? Thanks!

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1ddcbdc3
Community Member

4 years later still the same problem. Please help I'm getting the same error. 

Hi Bedirhan,

Thank you for your message. Could you please confirm the error message you get while trying to add the address?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths