🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Creative common license credit in Upwork port...
Page options
mdtaif6
Community Member

Creative common license credit in Upwork portfolio

I want to know this. This is really important for me. I will add some portrait retouching samples to my Upwork portfolio. The thing is, the pictures that I am going to add are creative commons licensed. So, I will have to give credit to the photographers. Now, what is the right way to give credit in Upwork portfolio? Do I just have to write the name of the photographer name in the description? Or, should I just write the name in the photo itself? Will there be any problem with my account if I give credit to the owner? Please, someone, inform me. I am so much confused. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Taif,

Yes you can add a portfolio item that you don't own and give credit to the person who created it. However, you will also need to have their permission in order to be able to list it on your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Taif,

Yes you can add a portfolio item that you don't own and give credit to the person who created it. However, you will also need to have their permission in order to be able to list it on your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How should I give credit? In the project description of the portfolio?

re: "How should I give credit? In the project description of the portfolio?"

Yes. Give credit in the project description of the portfolio item.

One more thing. I hope I am not bothering you. If I put the URL link of the source image as a credit along with the name of the photographer in the project description, will it affect my account in any way? because most of the owners want us to include the URL link of the photo. pls, reply to me. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths