🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Currency Conversion in Local Bank Payment Met...
Page options
salma4mohamed
Community Member

Currency Conversion in Local Bank Payment Method

Hello,

I have a question regarding whether or not it’s possible to have the payment made in USD to my local bank account (which is a USD bank account and not an EGP account).

I’m based in Egypt and would like to choose the option of the payment being made to my local bank account, but Upwork says it will be converted to EGP and then deposited this way. Is there any way I can choose that it would be deposited to my local bank account but in USD instead?

Thanks in advance for letting me know!
2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Salma,

When direct to local bank account is the disbursement method, then the funds are converted automatically into your local currency. Adding wire transfer as a payment method would enable bank-to-bank USD funds transfers for you. You can learn more about this payment method here. Upwork charges a $30 fee for each U.S. dollar wire transfer.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
a1e0945a
Community Member

Dear Bojan,

I have the same problem as Selma. Upworks solution to choose wire transfer instead is highly inconvenient for freelancers abroad who happen to have a US$ account in their respective countries. Does Upwork get a share of the currency exchange fee from your bank? Other than that I can see no reason why Upwork couldn't transfer US$ to a freelancer's US$ in any country.

I kindly ask you to let us all know why exactly Upwork can't make that possible.

Best regards, 

Ralph

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths