cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Entry Scam Alert

shortym24
Tenasha S Member Since: Jan 11, 2017
1 of 3

Hello, as a new user to Upwork, I just wanted to alert anyone of this scam posting by a client that goes by the name of **Edited for Community Guidelines** He has this so-called company titled **Edited for Community Guidelines**, and they were looking for Data Entry freelancers so I replied and submitted a job proposal. **Edited for Community Guidelines** replied and asked for an interview, so we conducted an interview. The first thing that should've set off my alarm was he didn't have any verfified payment method. Next when asked about this method, he said if hired that I would be paid by check or direct deposit, which became the second and final red flag.

This is the oldest scam in the book which would have any employee to do a "job" afterwards received a check or direct deposit and transfer funds through a personal checking accounts. The scammers offer a “commission” in exchange for facilitating money transfers through their personal accounts.

I refused the offer and withdrew my proposal.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** and be safe.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 3

Hi Tenasha,

Thanks for flagging the job. I checked and it looks like the team has already taken actions against the client's account.

~ Valeria
Upwork
shortym24
Tenasha S Member Since: Jan 11, 2017
3 of 3
You're welcome.