Yep.

+ 295.000 freelancers listed when searching "data entry"

+ 255.000 of them have not made a single dime

Screenshot (4).png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
michael_skaggs
Community Member

I would suggest checking out https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067578-Getting-Started-as-a-Freelancer and reading all the links on that page.

I can do it

Hi Maliha,

Just to confirm that Upwork does not work like this. Please read this Help Article to find out how to Find Work and how to submit proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience.

Also, please check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bilalahmad83
Community Member

I can do it sir

Hi Bilal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you, and your profile is still in review. Please wait within 24 hours after submitting your account for review. You'll be notified once our team reviews your profile.

Meanwhile, please read this Help Article to find out how to Find Work and how to submit proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience. Pay attention to the Safety First! section, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, as these will help you work safely on Upwork. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kat303
Community Member

After reading all the information on the links that were provided to you, - something you might want to think about.

Data entry jobs are the lowest paying jobs with the greatest amount of work on this site. On another site, for data entry jobs, there are almost 300 freelancers applying for those jobs. Here on upwork, no actual count of how many freelancers submitted proposals, but, there is a range that's provided here. If you see >50 expect probably more as there are more freelancers registered on this site. My questions to you is:

What makes you stand out from the 300 or so freelancers? (and don't say "I do good work" because they all say that.

a_kuntsi
Community Member

Yep.

+ 295.000 freelancers listed when searching "data entry"

+ 255.000 of them have not made a single dime

Screenshot (4).png

I want to work in any service job

I want to work

1. Create an Upwork Account:

• Visit the Upwork website (www.upwork.com) and sign up for an account.
    • Fill in your profile with accurate and detailed information about your skills, experience, and education.
    • Add a professional profile picture and write a compelling headline and summary.
  2. Complete Your Profile:

• List your data entry skills, such as typing speed, accuracy, and familiarity with relevant software.
    • Highlight any relevant experience or certifications in data entry.
    • Specify the industries or types of data you are familiar with (e.g., medical, legal, financial).
  3. Build a Portfolio:

• Upload samples of your previous data entry work to showcase your skills.
    • If you don't have previous work samples, consider creating some examples or completing relevant online courses to bolster your portfolio.
  4. Take Relevant Tests:

• Upwork provides skill tests that you can take to demonstrate your proficiency in data entry. Consider taking and passing tests that align with your expertise.
  5. Set Up Your Payment Method:

• Link your Upwork account to a payment method, such as a bank account or PayPal, to receive your earnings.
  6. Search for Data Entry Jobs:

• Use Upwork's search feature to find data entry jobs. You can filter jobs based on your skills, experience level, and other criteria.
    • Read job descriptions thoroughly to ensure they match your skills and expectations.
  7. Write a Compelling Proposal:

• When applying for jobs, craft personalized and professional proposals that highlight your skills and experience.
    • Address the client's specific needs and explain how you can add value to their project.
  8. Set Realistic Rates:

• Determine a fair and competitive hourly or fixed-rate for your data entry services. Consider your skills, experience, and the market rates.
  9. Communicate Professionally:

• Maintain clear and professional communication with clients.
    • Respond to messages promptly, and be proactive in seeking clarification on project details.
  10. Deliver Quality Work On Time:

• Once hired, complete the data entry tasks accurately and within the agreed-upon timeframe.
    • Communicate any challenges or delays with the client in advance.
  11. Request Feedback:

• After completing a job, ask your clients for feedback. Positive feedback and high ratings can improve your chances of getting more work.

Remember to keep refining your profile, skills, and portfolio as you gain more experience. Consistently delivering quality work and building positive relationships with clients will contribute to your success as a data entry freelancer on Upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths