cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dazed

Highlighted
Stephen A Member Since: Dec 26, 2016
1 of 11

I am new to Upwork and I seem to be asking myself a lot of questions. Is patience the key when waiting for an acceptable or am I referred by someone or is it a luck/ hope sorta thing. I would love to just understand how the system works.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 11

I'm trying to remember what I did on Elance when I started. I think I bid some crazy bids, quit for a while, then came back and read the forums. Read some of the docs like "how to get paid" and then read the rants in the forum and then somehow figured out how to sell a client.

My first project was for $1500 for a coding thing.  Way underbid (not on purpose but it's all part of the fun), but hey 5 stars yay.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 11

uh I should look at profile before commenting.

Sooo, your profile was approved? Really?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
4 of 11

to the O.P. --

Why is an M.D. moonlighting as a blogger ?

Why are you advertising as a French-to-English/English-to-French translator (which, by the way, violates the industry standard) while some of your Profile appears in Cyrillic characters?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
5 of 11

@Stephen A wrote:

I am new to Upwork and I seem to be asking myself a lot of questions. Is patience the key when waiting for an acceptable or am I referred by someone or is it a luck/ hope sorta thing. I would love to just understand how the system works.

First of all, if you translate from French to English, then perhaps you should remove the below average French to English test score.

So, is this what a medical doctor from Ukraine resorts to?  (Blogging, Researching and Writing)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 11

@Kathy T wrote:

So, is this what a medical doctor from Ukraine resorts to?  (Blogging, Researching and Writing)

Whyever not? In many countries medical doctors earn significantly less per hour than a freelancer in the same country can make doing data entry...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
7 of 11

If I were a client, I would not be convinced at all by the OP's profile.

Also "professional freelancers" usually put their educational qualifications if they have them.  If I were a doctor (or studying to be a doctor), I would at least put my alma mater and the type of degree conferred (or to be conferred).

Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 11

lmao his MD went poof.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
9 of 11

@Jennifer M wrote:

lmao his MD went poof.

Then it must have come back, but, "MD in Medicine" seems redundant or non-specific.

10 of 11

He graduated again!

Oh I see. Forgot about his description text but removed from education. Oops. gotta keep track of this stuff op!