🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Deadlines
Page options
jeremiahcooley
Community Member

Deadlines

I have a client who wanted a project done for them and the due date was for 4/20. I completed the project and sent it over late at night the day before it was due. (technically 4/20 though becaus eit was after midnight) Anyways.. she said as far as she is concerned its good to go but that she was going to send it to her team and they were to approve it and get back with her....... well now its passed the due date. My worry is that i will receive some sort of a "nefative" remark within my Upwork profile or their database when it comes to "job completion percentage" etc. Ive asked the client to change the due date but she claims she is willing to do that but cant figure out how on the site. she even sent me scrren shots of what shes looking at... My question is: Is there anything I can do to get the contract extended while her team is reviewing my work? After all, I had it sent in on time and its looking like its going to be approved anyways. I DO NOT WANT anything to go against me or set me back this early. I have nothing but 5stars and good reviews and fast turnarounds and I want to keep it that way. My reputaion is very important to me. Please help!

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeremiah, 

I would like to confirm that the milestone due date is an optional figure. Submitting work or releasing funds before/on/after that date will not affect your profile. Money in escrow will not be released to you unless you submit your work through the milestone-submission page/contract page, and the client releases the payment to you, or the 14-days have passed. 

Currently, there is no option to change the due date for a funded milestone. Your client can change the due date for a milestone that hasn't been funded by clicking "Edit" on the right next to the milestone title.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths