Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit account charged

John Vincent M Member Since: Jan 30, 2017
1 of 16

I hope you can help me with this.

Situation:

My membership plan is Freelancer Basic. I am not yet hired, but my debit account was charged with an amount of PHP 50.49 dated January 9, 2017. The description states, "POS W/D SV UPWORKESCR MOUNTAIN".

Does anyone ever had the same experience? Can you share your thoughts why I was charged with the said amount?

Thank you!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 16

Hi John Vincent, 

I checked your account and can see that the amount was debited to verify the authentication of your financial account. The charge was unsuccesful though, so it wasn't debited to your account. You may reach out to our customer support team if you have further questions about this transaction. 

-Avery
Untitled
3 of 16

Hi Avery,

Thanks for the info.

As per my bank account's transaction history, the said amount was debited; please see attached screenshot.

For the meantime, I removed my billing info just to make sure this will not happen again.

Follow up question, if I will add again my billing method info, will i be charged again?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 16

Hi John Vincent,

I can confirm the verification charges are credited back to the client's billing method and this is a standard procedure all new billing methods are subjected to. You should be able to see the credit soon on your account but please do re-add the same card so the verification process could be completed.

5 of 16

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you. I already re-add the same card to my billing method.

Can you also confirm how long will it take to be credited back?

6 of 16

Hi Vladimir,

Just for the record, after adding back my billing method, I was again charged by the amount of PHP 50.90

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 16

Hi John Vincent,

By design a new billing method is charged for the two small verification amounts which are later credited back. You removed your card during this process and that's why the second charge was applied now. Please refer to this Help article and note that the charges are usually credited back the same day. 

8 of 16

Hi Vladimir,

Noted.

But as of the moment, the charges were not yet credited back to my account especially the first one which was dated January 9, 2017.

Thanks.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 16

Hi John Vincent, 

Could you also check with your local bank if the transaction did push through, and if there are any pending credits to your account with the same amount? 

-Avery
Untitled
10 of 16

Hi Avery,

I already did and it also shows in my bank account's transaction history. The remaining current balance in my account is already updated with these deductions, so the transactions did push thru.

Thanks!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS