🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Declined offer to Interview; but I want to re...
Page options
brycekimmy
Community Member

Declined offer to Interview; but I want to reestablised contact; I made mistake

Hello I made mistake of declining interview to the Language Doctors inc/ for to work in HUBZone Online Work Flexible schedule, US Employer. I thought my city does not have a hubzone; but it does; my neighborhood doesn't have hubzone; but other neighborhoods does have hubzone. The Poorer Neighborhoods; so I would like to reapply for Interview after all with Delia Pajares of HubZone. The headquarters is in Washington D.c.I am very new to Upwork just this week. I realized I created a big mess and may have lost chance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
colettelewis
Community Member

@Kimberly G wrote:

Hello I made mistake of declining interview to the Language Doctors inc/ for to work in HUBZone Online Work Flexible schedule, US Employer. I thought my city does not have a hubzone; but it does; my neighborhood doesn't have hubzone; but other neighborhoods does have hubzone. The Poorer Neighborhoods; so I would like to reapply for Interview after all with Delia Pajares of HubZone. The headquarters is in Washington D.c.I am very new to Upwork just this week. I realized I created a big mess and may have lost chance.

Kimberly,

If it is any comfort, I think you may have dodged a bullet.  Can you give us an idea of how the invitation was worded. If the client suggested an interview on Google Hangouts, it is likely to have been a scam. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
colettelewis
Community Member

@Kimberly G wrote:

Kimberly,

If it is any comfort, I think you may have dodged a bullet.  Can you give us an idea of how the invitation was worded. If the client suggested an interview on Google Hangouts, it is likely to have been a scam. 

Hello Nicola

Thanks for the Heads Up, So, I will typed what was emailed to me

HUBZone- Onlinework, Flexible schedule, US Employer

Hello

I'd iike to invite you to apply to my job. Please review the job post and apply if you are available.

Delia Pajares.

Then Here is http://googl/a5bugD This is map of HubZone.

Please reply to invitations within 24 hours Clients appreciate promptly to all invitations  improves your responsiveness score on your profile.

The Company is Language Doctors out of Washington D.C.

So, I must be careful especially since I am new to Freelancing.

Usually if I saw any of these things in a job posting, I would assume this was a scam:

- "online work"

- "flexible schedule"

- "US Employer"

In my experience, real clients post details about what kind of work they want done. They don't tell you these things... which look like key phrases designed to attract desperate newbies...

THIS DOES NOT MEAN that real clients won't say these things. I'm just saying that I would assume these are scammers.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths