🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Declined proposal reasons
Page options
roxannima
Community Member

Declined proposal reasons

Hi! New here!

One of my proposals was just declined, and it stated the reason was “spam application - recycled cover letter.” I wrote the cover letter specifically for that job, and even pinpointed parts of the description that most appealed to me. I understand being declined but I truly don’t understand this reasoning.

My question though: do the declines and their reasons get counted against me somewhere? I’d hate to have such an unfair assessment logged.

Thanks!!
2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roxanne, 

I'm sorry to learn that one of your proposals were declined. I would like to confirm that declined proposals and their reasons do not count against you on your profile. 

~ Avery
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Roxanne H wrote:
Hi! New here!

One of my proposals was just declined, and it stated the reason was “spam application - recycled cover letter.” I wrote the cover letter specifically for that job, and even pinpointed parts of the description that most appealed to me. I understand being declined but I truly don’t understand this reasoning.

My question though: do the declines and their reasons get counted against me somewhere? I’d hate to have such an unfair assessment logged.

Thanks!!

A  client can click on a proposal and select one of a number of reasons for the proposal to be archived and disappear from his list. 

He might have just klicked something randomly. Don't worry about it. 

Most clients, IMO, never do that anyway. I never get decline messages, ever. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths