🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Delete Old Account
Page options
jess_ann_artz
Community Member

Delete Old Account

Hello! 

My old account is connected to my phone number I guess even though I deleted that account I think?

Could you delete that old account or unattach the number? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica,

I'll share your request with our support team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you further. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
prestonhunter
Community Member

Jessica:

Upwork does not allow you to create a new account.

You may have one account.

You will need to work with Upwork Customer Support to reinstate your old account.

I tried to log into my account that is associated with my phone number even
though I knew I deleted it.
I used a different email, but still can not log in.
I need my phone number taken off of that account so i can use it with this
new one with my new email.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica,

I'll share your request with our support team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you further. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks!

Hi Bojan,

My brother has struggle with his account (**Edited for community guidelines**). He wonders if it's is possible to delete completely his account. He want to register a new account with his same email (**Edited for community guidelines**). I mean that un-attach email, phone from old account because he want to use primary email, phone. Btw, he tried to find help from support team but was unable to find them. Could you help help have a chat with a supporter? Thank you so much for your help.

Phuong

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Phuong,

Please remind your brother that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. The email address that is associated with their account cannot be associated with another account. They're free to continue with their current account.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Yes Bojan,

Can he change his email associated to current account to another one? He wants to change to use the new one (**Edited for community guidelines**) because that's one associated to his paypal account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Phuong,

Please advise him to follow the steps described here for changing settings on their account, including email address.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for your advice. My brother has closed his old account (id: **Edited for community guidelines**), and then created the new one (id: **Edited for community guidelines**). It means at the meantime, he has only 1 account, everything seems okay because the account got approval and he just got one job from his own agency. However, his account just got deactivated due to violating policy. He and his friend just created the agency (**Edited for community guidelines**), and he's working for 1 client on Upwork right now. He tried to contact with customer support to solve the issue but cannot. He needs to have upwork account to continue working which still respects the policies because he does not want to contact/get payment directly with/from client without Upwork. I'm looking forward to your help.

Thanks,

Phuong

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Phuong,

Unfortunately, we won't be able to address another user's account status or provide details here in the Community. Please, refer him to the notification the team sent to them about the suspension. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan,

I have previously registered an account with my email address. now I could not log in, as I got the message (Ooops, this Email is not recognised). So I could create a new account with this Email address. I want to delete that old account but I don't have any access to it now. Help me please

Kind Regards

Hi Andrii,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your accounts. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I NEED AN ACTUAL PERSON TO HELP ME DELETE AN OLD ACCOUNT. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO ACCESS IT. YOU EVEN CREATED SOME SORT OF TICKET AND THIS IS INCREDIBLY CIRCULAR. OBVIOUSLY IF I COULD FIND MY OLD ACCOUNT, I WOULD DELETE IT. MY PH NUMBER IS **Edited for Community Guidelines** AND I CANNOT BE A MEMBER OF THIS COMMUNITY UNTIL SOMEONE DELETES ANY PREVIOUS ACCOUNTS ASSOCIATED WITH MY NUMBER. PLEASE HELP.

Hi Sarah,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly in order to assist you with your old account and your phone number. You'll receive a notification to the email address associated with this account and you can also access your ticket here.

Thanks,

~Andrea
Upwork
artabrio2
Community Member

Hi! I also need assistance with closing an old account that I no longer have access to. I'm about to start a a project with a client so I need to sort everything out with Upwork ASAP. Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arturo,

Please know that users are not allowed to have more than one account regardless if the old account is closed. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I need to close my old Upwork account that I forgot my login credentials for to prevent my new account to be flagged as multiple/duplicate account.

inayat10299
Community Member

Please someone delete my older (incomplete and suspended) account. I need to use my older account email in my new upwork account. My older account user name and email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Inayat,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar D.

Thanks for your support my older account has been deleted. But I just found that my phone number is still associated with my older account. I want to use that phone number on my this account.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Inayat,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar D,

No action has been taken until now. Reminder!

Hi Inayat,

I would like to confirm that our team has already reached out to you via ticket and is waiting on your response. Please refer to your ticket with number 28630745. THank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks
a7c23a41
Community Member

Hi.
I had an account on my work email, and now have no access to it. Could you, please, delete an account logged in with **Edited for Community Guidelines** email address?

Hi Viktoria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
a7c23a41
Community Member

Thanks, Andrea.
I don't see a support ticket related to this issue on the 'Requests' page. How could I deal with deleting my previous account?

Hi Viktoria,

Thank you for following up. A support ticket with a corresponding email was sent to the email address you were referring to, so it wouldn't be found on your support tickets using the account you're responding from right now. 

~ AJ
Upwork

The email, I was referring to is deleted. That's why I want you to delete an account logged in with this email.

Hi Viktoria,

Our team has already taken action on the account.

~ AJ
Upwork

Okay, thanks!
Please, let me know, when you'll remove this account.

Hi, Annie Jane.
Any updates?

Hi Viktoria,

Our team has already taken action on the account. In general, having multiple accounts is a violation of ToS and can get you suspended or permanently banned. If you're using this account now, that means the other one has been deleted.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Viktoria,

Our team has already taken action on the account. In general, having multiple accounts is a violation of ToS and can get you suspended or permanently banned. If you're using this account now, that means the other one has been deleted.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths