🐈 Community
» Forums » New to Upwork » Delete account which is not public yet
Page options
tony_bondar

Delete account which is not public yet

Hello! I've mistakenly created an accounts which I'm not going to use. It asks me to fill out a form to send for approval to make the account public. At the bottom or the page there is a button 'delete my account', but it doesn't work. Is there some other way to delete it? Or it will happen automatically if I won't log in to it?

I'm afraid that even a not public account can be considered as me having multiple accounts. Is such a situation possible?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
nkocendova

Hi Anton,

You can send me a PM with the email address associated with the account you would like to have closed.

~Nina

Hi! Thank you for your reply! I can't send you a PM because it says "you do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action".
Should I write the emails here in the community discussion? Or there is some other way to send you the emails I would like to have closed?

Hi Anton,

One of our team members will contact you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter

re: "I'm afraid that even a not public account can be considered as me having multiple accounts. Is such a situation possible?"

Yes.

Upwork has strict rules against having more than one account. The public/non-public status or privacy settings of these accounts is irrelevent. If you have more than one account - even if one was created accidentally - you need to follow Nina's directions and get them all closed except one single account.

Thank you for the reply!

Upcoming Events
Dec 13
Succeeding with Clients Talent Toolbox
Dec 21
Virtual Community Hour Community Hour