🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Delete account which is not public yet
Page options
tony_bondar
Community Member

Delete account which is not public yet

Hello! I've mistakenly created an accounts which I'm not going to use. It asks me to fill out a form to send for approval to make the account public. At the bottom or the page there is a button 'delete my account', but it doesn't work. Is there some other way to delete it? Or it will happen automatically if I won't log in to it?

I'm afraid that even a not public account can be considered as me having multiple accounts. Is such a situation possible?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Anton,

You can send me a PM with the email address associated with the account you would like to have closed.

~Nina

Hi! Thank you for your reply! I can't send you a PM because it says "you do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action".
Should I write the emails here in the community discussion? Or there is some other way to send you the emails I would like to have closed?

Hi Anton,

One of our team members will contact you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I'm afraid that even a not public account can be considered as me having multiple accounts. Is such a situation possible?"

Yes.

Upwork has strict rules against having more than one account. The public/non-public status or privacy settings of these accounts is irrelevent. If you have more than one account - even if one was created accidentally - you need to follow Nina's directions and get them all closed except one single account.

Thank you for the reply!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths