🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Deleting old messages
Page options
petersonjenn
Community Member

Deleting old messages

Hi, I'm new to Upwork and I was wondering if there was a way to delete old client messages. I can delete my own, but there doesn't seem to be a way to delete ones from clients that are no longer useful.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry, you mean individual messages from the client or the whole chat with the client? I don't think there is a way to delete/hide individual client messages.

Now if you want to delete the whole chat with the client there is no way to do it either, but you can hide it. To do so go to the Messages tab, roll your mouse pointer over the name of the client (on the left column) and that will make a circle with three dots appear by the client's name. Click on that circle and the word "Hide" will appear, click the word "Hide" and the whole chat with that client will be hidden. However, I read somewhere that those messages reappear after a while.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sergio-soria
Community Member

No way to do that, you can only hide them.

How can I hide them?

Sorry, you mean individual messages from the client or the whole chat with the client? I don't think there is a way to delete/hide individual client messages.

Now if you want to delete the whole chat with the client there is no way to do it either, but you can hide it. To do so go to the Messages tab, roll your mouse pointer over the name of the client (on the left column) and that will make a circle with three dots appear by the client's name. Click on that circle and the word "Hide" will appear, click the word "Hide" and the whole chat with that client will be hidden. However, I read somewhere that those messages reappear after a while.

I was thinking that there must be a way to delete old client messages just like there is a way to delete old emails, so they don't keep appearing over and over. I think I'll just try to hide them, then. Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths