🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Deposit payment for work performed.
Page options
b696d7b0
Community Member

Deposit payment for work performed.

Good afternoon

Greetings.

I want to inform and request help on what I should do regarding what is happening to me.

They contacted me after sending the proposal, they told me that if I was interested I should write to an email, I did and I was communicating for about 4 days with the person, who introduces himself as the project supervisor: **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Through the email, inform how many days the work is, the amount to be paid (this was not in the contract) and some conditions. They sent me the contract, I started it and delivered it on time.

They ask me for bank account information and that they only make payments by transfers. The same day they sent me a receipt for the payment to which I asked when it was reflected. I also received another email from the bank indicating the deposit I had to make for the conversion to my currency and that it could not be deducted from the value of the check. They asked for 100 dollars.

I would like to know if they definitely deceived me and it is fraud and they are not going to pay me???. How sad that this happens and it is a lack of respect for people who are excited about having had a first opportunity like me and in the end it is not real.

I attach the contract, image of the payment receipt and email from the bank.

Thank you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG

Hi Lissette,

I checked the job post you were referring to and it seems that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS. Action has also been taken on the client's account.
Please, check out this course for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs. Also, please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

~Andrea
Upwork
b696d7b0
Community Member

Hello Andrea

I appreciate your message.

Finally, no one answers me for a job and payment that I did and which had a "contract", which had to be fulfilled and respected. If this was fraud, in the same way the people who manage the platform should be more careful or in some way control the personnel who register to offer jobs since they are not safe, even if they have "verified payment."

Thanks for your answer

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths