Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop app won't start

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
21 of 60

Hi Naimul, 

Could you please check if disconnecting from the Google account log-in, and logging in with your Upwork username will resolve the issue for you? 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Milica S Member Since: Dec 26, 2019
22 of 60

I have a problem logging in to the upwork desktop app via my Google account.

It continues to show that the app is dangerous and that I should try refreshing and try again,

but I've been getting the same message every time I tried to log in after refreshing and restarting.

Could you please help me? What can I do to resolve this?

Highlighted
Ebram N Member Since: Dec 26, 2019
23 of 60

1- restart your phone or windows this is simply then enter setting, account, enter your email and password on google if not.

2- clear your catches in your mobile ( if that problem from your mobile) and restart the device again .

3- lastly ( if this from your pc) reinstalling any browser application like (firefox-....)

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
24 of 60

Hi Milica,

Just to confirm, have you already connected your Google account, under Settings > Connected Services so that you can log in to the app?
Could you also please try signing up with your email/username and let me know if you`re experiencing the same problem? Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
25 of 60

Yes, I connected my Google account under Settings > Connected Services.

When I try logging in using my username, it shows just welcome, but it just freezes, it doesn't open the app.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
26 of 60

Thank you for the follow up Milica,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with logging in to the desktop app. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
27 of 60

Thank you!

Highlighted
Wes H Member Since: Jan 11, 2020
28 of 60
I've downloaded the desktop app to track time and when i try to log into it on Chrome and Safari i get this message everytime which is annoying bc i need to track time for my jobs.  Please lmk what to do?!?! Refreshing the screen doesn't help.  I also have no problem signing into my acct on safari and on chrome.  it's just the stand alone app. 

Thanks
wes 
This browser or app may not be secure.
Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
29 of 60

I think I read somewhere that the Upwork Time Tracker does not work with Chrome. I use it with safari on my Mac and have had no problems.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
30 of 60

Hi Wes,

Could you please send me a screenshot of the error so I can include it in my report to the team? You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled