🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Determining Pay Rates
Page options
rcizio
Community Member

Determining Pay Rates

Any tips on figuring out what some jobs actually pay before I bid? Example: Job has a budget of $2,000 but it's ongoing/recurring work. How often is the $2,000 paid? Weekly? Monthly? Some other timeframe? There's no way to know without bidding and having a conversation. 

Am I missing something? It seems this would be a basic requirement of Upwork for job posters to be clear about what they are willing to pay before I spend MY credit to bid. 

1 REPLY 1
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Rene C wrote:

Any tips on figuring out what some jobs actually pay before I bid? Example: Job has a budget of $2,000 but it's ongoing/recurring work. How often is the $2,000 paid? Weekly? Monthly? Some other timeframe? There's no way to know without bidding and having a conversation. 

Am I missing something? It seems this would be a basic requirement of Upwork for job posters to be clear about what they are willing to pay before I spend MY credit to bid. 

Yes, that's how it works, you send a proposal to initiate a conversation - if the client replies. Connects are free, so it does not seem a huge issue to use them for that. 

Many clients don't know how much the project will cost. It is one of your tasks as a professional service provider to explain to the client how much it will cost, how long it will take, etc. If you require more information to do that, well, that's what the conversation is for. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths