🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Did not get a response from my proposal
Page options
giann207
Community Member

Did not get a response from my proposal

Hello all!!

I am new to upwork, and I recently submitted a proposal to a employer offering a shor term proyect.  I have not received any response at all. I would like to know at least if was rejected, or still pending for review.  I feel like a waste my time writing and submitting my information.  Has anyone had this experience? is this a common practice in this site? I would appreciate your input or feedback. 

Thanks

XG

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

You'll receive the same advice from most any Forum regular:

We submit proposals, and then forget about them.

No responses. We don't pay attention to the jobs or see what's going on with them or expect a response.

If we get a response, then we pay attention to it.

re: "I would like to know at least if was rejected, or still pending for review."

That isn't how this system works.

SOMETIMES we are informed that a proposal has been rejected. Sometimes we are given a reason why.

re: "Has anyone had this experience?"

Yes. All freelancers here have.

re: "Is this a common practice in this site?"

Yes.

augalde67
Community Member

Be patient!  Most of the companies does not reply to all the freelancers that sent a proposal. Just think that in some  offers they will get up to 100 or more proposal and it takes a lot of time to reject them.  Maybe upwork should offer a way to select all the proposals in which the company are not interested and reject the proposal all at once. 

Thanks for your response!!! Appreciate it.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths