🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Didn't get Invites for any proposal | I am ne...
Page options
avinashthakur81
Community Member

Didn't get Invites for any proposal | I am new please suggest best?

Hi, I am Avinash from India, due to Corona Virus most of the executives lost there Job, I am one of them. But I didn't disappoint & start looking further for my future with this platform, posted lots of proposals but didn't get an invitation to help me with the best future. Help me with the best resolution.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Avinash,

Thank you for your message. I've reviewed your profile and have some suggestions that might help you win work:

• In your title, avoid generic descriptions, such as “hard-working” or “reliable”. You can touch on these points in your Overview.
  • The beginning of your profile overview displays in prospective client search results and it’s your first 200-character pitch. So, your first sentence should include clear, relevant information about your primary skill sets and expertise. 
  • You mention offering a "Professional Team." Clients usually expect the work to be completed by the person they hire. If you are working with a team, you might consider an agency account.
  • Your written English skills are strong and you are easy to understand. However, I did see a few minor errors. If you'd like to add extra polish, you might want to consider using Grammarly. I use this myself and really like it because it's free and it offers a Chrome add-on so it works in webmail, messages, proposals, and more.

To give a clear impression you’re the person the client wants to talk to, here are some additional tips for writing a great Overview.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Avinash T wrote:

Hi, I am Avinash from India, due to Corona Virus most of the executives lost there Job, I am one of them. But I didn't disappoint & start looking further for my future with this platform, posted lots of proposals but didn't get an invitation to help me with the best future. Help me with the best resolution.

Thanks

There are millions of people in the same situation, which makes for huge competition on platforms such as this one. 

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Avinash,

Thank you for your message. I've reviewed your profile and have some suggestions that might help you win work:

• In your title, avoid generic descriptions, such as “hard-working” or “reliable”. You can touch on these points in your Overview.
  • The beginning of your profile overview displays in prospective client search results and it’s your first 200-character pitch. So, your first sentence should include clear, relevant information about your primary skill sets and expertise. 
  • You mention offering a "Professional Team." Clients usually expect the work to be completed by the person they hire. If you are working with a team, you might consider an agency account.
  • Your written English skills are strong and you are easy to understand. However, I did see a few minor errors. If you'd like to add extra polish, you might want to consider using Grammarly. I use this myself and really like it because it's free and it offers a Chrome add-on so it works in webmail, messages, proposals, and more.

To give a clear impression you’re the person the client wants to talk to, here are some additional tips for writing a great Overview.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths