🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Didn't get projects.
Page options
8415a5fe
Community Member

Didn't get projects.

I had joined upwork 1 month ago and I got a couple of contracts in starting week but after that, I didn't get any project. I am trying  my best with good proposals and a good portfolio but nothing worked for me. 

I need some suggestions that how I can improve or get contracts.

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

“No masterpiece was ever created by a lazy artist.”

I'm not a big fan of tag-lines. What are you saying? That you don't create masterpieces because you are lazy? That you are not lazy and create masterpieces? You don't say it. Therefore we don't know what you mean, and that's how it becomes an empty phrase that at best is a bit preachy. Who said it? Is it a quote? By whom? What is the reaction you want to achieve? I am serious, I really want to know. What do you want the client to think or do after reading this specific phrase?

See what I did here? I spent a good amount of time on analysing your first sentence. 

Now you go and do the reverse with your overview text. First you make a list of what you want the client to do, and then craft a text that achieves that. 

Hello Martina,

Thank you so much for this answer.

Actually, I had put that sentence from the internet. There is nothing behind the sentence but I liked it that's why I had put it here.

Is this affect bad for my profile? 

I have no idea if it's bad or not. What kind of client would like it?

Thank you for your suggestion,

I had think about it and removed it from my profile. I didn't find the answer of why it's there in my profile.

eac4ad8f
Community Member

Same as me, no matter what I do, no matter what proposal I had made, no matter what portfolio I had made, it was useless. So now I am active on my own country freelancer website (free to bid, no charge).

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths