🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Difficult for new freelancers to get work
Page options
kamalmsharma
Community Member

Difficult for new freelancers to get work

Its an uphill task for new freelancers  on Upwork. Can Upwork stop recommendations to buyers which will give  equal opportunity to new sellers as well?

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

@Kamal S wrote:

Can Upwork stop recommendations to buyers which will give  equal opportunity to new sellers as well?

What???

While I certianly dont support such drastic measures, is there a recomendation of a path to follow so new freelancers have a better oppurtunity at landing contracts ?

re: "While I certianly dont support such drastic measures, is there a recomendation of a path to follow so new freelancers have a better oppurtunity at landing contracts ?"

Upwork created the "Rising Talent" program for this purpose.

Reading about this Rising Talent thing I came up with some questions, are the invitations random or is there someone actually keeping track if someone qualifies?  I´m having a hard time as a translator since the competition is tough and the new freelancers seem to have no chance.

Hi Gabriel, 

The invitation to be part of the Rising Talent program is based on a set of eligibility requirements. If a freelancer meets the requirements, he/she has the opportunity to be part of the program. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork

@Gabriel A wrote:

Reading about this Rising Talent thing I came up with some questions, are the invitations random or is there someone actually keeping track if someone qualifies?  I´m having a hard time as a translator since the competition is tough and the new freelancers seem to have no chance.

Hi Gabriel, you probably should spend a little more time on your profile and make sure that it is completely error-free. This is important for all freelancers, but especially since you are offering translation services, so it does not build trust if you have mistakes. Let an English native speaker proofread it. 

@Martina P wrote:

@Gabriel A wrote:

Hi Gabriel, you probably should spend a little more time on your profile and make sure that it is completely error-free. This is important for all freelancers, but especially since you are offering translation services, so it does not build trust if you have mistakes. Let an English native speaker proofread it. 

Martina, his Profile states his English IS native/bilingual.

Gabriel, upon quickly reviewing your Profile it's obvious to me that your English is NOT native/bilingual; and I'm not a Translator.  I suggest you correct that designation.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths