🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Difficulty in finding a job
Page options
c_kep
Community Member

Difficulty in finding a job

Hello,

I am new to Upwork. I have only been a member for a month. I have sent lots of proposals but I have received no answer. I have only got one invite for a job that was not related to what I can do.

I was wondering if there is something in my profile (https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0116b071812b44a350?viewMode=1)

that might be lacking or something that I might have done wrong.

In my proposals I always try to explain what I can offer with regards to that particular job and I think my hourly rate is decent. 

Last time I posted a similar message, someone referred me to a 'new to upwork guide' but quite frankly it's a bit overwhelming and I think it addresses more experienced professionals. 

I was wishing for a more personalized advice.

I have also seen some members with 'similar' skills to mine -I am talking about Greek native speakers with a knowledge of English- taking jobs that I believe I am more qualified to do. For example there was someone that had taken lots of translation jobs, that only had a B2 knowledge of English (I have C2) and an unrelated degree (I have a MA on translation) and I thought that it was curious that people were preferring someone with less skills.

So to cut a long story short, is there something I am doing wrong?

Thank you 

Christina 

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Christina K wrote:

So to cut a long story short, is there something I am doing wrong?

Proofread your overview, it has too many mistakes. If you are claiming bilingual level English skills and want to work as a language professional, your overview must be impeccable.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths