🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Digital Market agency new on Upwork needs Hel...
Page options
designninjas
Community Member

Digital Market agency new on Upwork needs Help!

Hi there Upwork Gurus, 

I'm a digital marketing Agency in business for the past 8 plus years.

I recently joined Upwork to source new business and I’m trying to search for clients that need a long term business relationship. I have hired a team to work with me on the Upwork platform.

My advantage is that my portfolio is very strong, as I have worked for many large and mid-size clients.

In order to build my profile on Upwork from scratch and get reviews, I started taking small jobs which were ridiculously lower than my published rate, as that’s what I charge my agency clients.

However, the clients want services at the lowest price possible that’s below minimum hourly rate. I kept the contracts unquestionable and clearly defined the scope of work before accepting the jobs. But a few clients kept intimidating us to do a lot of extra work, and if we didn’t comply with their requests, they threatened us to leave a bad review on our profile.

I also lost a client earlier, who made me do most of the work under the defined terms, and when I almost got near completion, they found someone else cheaper and assigned the project to them. They asked me for a complete refund, even for the milestone that was released after the respective work was done, and when I refused to give a refund, they left a very bad review, accusing me of fraud. I asked Upwork support, and they told me that they can't help with the review.

A couple of clients have just disappeared, which affected my completion rate.

I make sure that I inform clients that I'm a digital marketing agency that provides various services. I provide recommendations, relevant work and many other important things in my proposals, but it seems like they aren't even reading it properly, because of my profile.

Now, I want to know, if there is something wrong with my profile? Or is it just the Luck factor.

• I know that the process of finding jobs is slow and steady, but I need to know if I'm doing things right.
  • How can I make my profile and the Agency profile better?
  • How I can improve my Job Success rate, and how to maintain it.

My profile: https://www.upwork.com/fl/syco

Agency profile: https://www.upwork.com/agencies/~018adbcb848bc7058c

Comments from Unbiased Upwork Gurus would be well appreciated. A detailed analysis would help me a lot. Also, if I could have a few example profiles of Agencies like mine, that would be great.

Thanks in Advance.

2 REPLIES 2
lesterb22
Community Member

"we are aggresive" that term on your agency profile may have different meaning to them, according to what happened. seems like your client has high expectations to your deliverables. you know? people has lot of differences and that is what it means to me.

I think aggresive should also mean you are agile and able to handle more task and finish it before deadline. this would make great impact to your agency performance and agency.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Syed K wrote:

In order to build my profile on Upwork from scratch and get reviews, I started taking small jobs which were ridiculously lower than my published rate, as that’s what I charge my agency clients.

However, the clients want services at the lowest price possible that’s below minimum hourly rate. 

I'm sorry, but this is an absolutely terrible strategy. As you're already found out, clients who want you to work for extremely low wages do NOT make good clients. Stop bidding on these projects! It's not true that all clients want services at the lowest prices possible, and if you're more choosey about which projects you bid on, you will find them.

As for your profile... to be completely honest with you, I think that the first paragraph is fine, but after that, I literally started shaking my head as I was reading. Saying things like, "I believe myself to be a creative artisan with hefty credentials of global expertise," just sounds way over the top, especially when you're relatively new here and have a low JSS. You really ought to tone all of that stuff down, and instead talk about what - precisely - you do for your clients that makes you a better choice than your competitors. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths