🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Direct Transfer To Bank Question
Page options
erkamenescol
Community Member

Direct Transfer To Bank Question

Hi, in my getting paid section my payment information iban account is in USD currency. But i'm from Turkey and direct transfer to bank account option shows it as transaction in local currency(TRY), but my iban account is in USD currency. I've requested payment and payment got processed, am i going to get the money in my USD iban account or will the transaction fail because it's not in TRY currency ? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Erkam,

When you're using our Direct to Local Bank method the funds will be loaded on your account in your local currency. If you would like to withdraw your funds in US dollars, you will need to use our Wire Transfer method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I understand, but the payment account i have selected is USD, and i have already requested a payment. Am i going to get the money in my TRY iban on my account or USD iban that i have on UpWork ?

Hi Erkam,.

You have used our Direct to Local Bank method to withdraw your funds. This means that your earnings will be received in your local currency and not US dollars. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths