🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Direct to Local Bank payment method is sh...
Page options
syedjamalahsan
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank payment method is showing as INACTIVE

Hi,

I added my bank account details to preferred Payment Method (Direct to Local Bank) quite a time ago. Per Upwork policy, it should've activated after three days of submission but still it shows as inactive (screenshot attached). I double-checked all the details again and submitted, still it is showing as Inactive.

Please note that I received no email from Upwork regarding any dispute or issue with my bank accoutn details either.

Kindly, help me get it activated.

Thanks for considering.

Syed Jamal Ahsan

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Syed,

Have you already filled out our W-8BEN form? If not please do fill it out as a Non-US resident, to learn more about this form and how to fill it out check out this Guide. If you`re payment method is still inactive after this let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Syed,

Have you already filled out our W-8BEN form? If not please do fill it out as a Non-US resident, to learn more about this form and how to fill it out check out this Guide. If you`re payment method is still inactive after this let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks. I've completed the form now.

Hi,

Can you please check and let me know that why is my payment method showing as inactive?

Also, I read your previous post which states that we need to fill up some form for non US citizen and where do I get it?

Any assistance with this is highly apprecated.

Awaiting a positive reply with regard.

Thank you,

Suhail Shaikh

Hi Suhail,

Yes, that would be the Form W-8BEN and it looks like you were able to file it and your payment method is active now.

If you need any further assistance please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork
sabilethabita
Community Member

Thank you so much for sharing the solution! It immediately switched to active upon providing the information on Tax Payer. 

abubakar_php
Community Member

My bank account is still inactive from many days, Inhave added the information, also w8 form is completed and verified

Hi Abubakar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
7f4daf6f
Community Member

My direct to local bank account is still inactive, even I have fill out all the information from the tax form, W-8BEN form is completed. Please resolve the problem.  

Hi Viet,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths