🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Direct to Local Bank
Page options
mbbatallones
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank

Say I setup my get paid as "Direct to Local Bank" but then my account is maintained in another currency, would this be fine? Example, I am from Malaysia and I have a bank acct in our country, however, my bank acct is in USD, will there be any problem? Will I be charged the fee stated for a "Direct to Local Bank" payment?

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark, 

I would like to confirm that you will be charged the Direct to Local Bank fee. However, please know that your withdrawal will be converted to your local currency first, before it is converted back to USD. As such, the conversion rates that will be used are the conversion rates available at the time the bank converts your remittance to your bank account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Upon withdrawal, what conversion rate is the basis? I just want to be enlightened the possible forex gain/loss if I opt this way. Thanks!

Hi Mark, 

Please note that exchange rates fluctuate during the day, which means the rate applied to your withdrawal depends on when we executed the transaction. Please keep in mind that the displayed exchange rate (on the email notification you receive) reflects the last exchange rate used by Upwork to convert USD to your currency. The actual rate used for each local currency transfer is available on the next business day when we process your transaction. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths