🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Discouraged
Page options
6a161a8d
Community Member

Discouraged

I have submitted so many purposals  and only 1 person gave me a job. Which I am greatful for but was 20mins for $1.00. 

Their are so many scammers on here. To aviod them I only apply to jobs that are income verified.

I go through so many connects as quick as they give them to me.

But its discouraging. What am I doing wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Data entry is not a good category. There are tens of thousands of other freelancer, many working for much lower rates that your hourly rate. You should be focussing on US jobs only, since they might pay more than the usual 3-5 per hour that data entry gets. 

But first improve your profile - it should be less about you, and more about your client. There's a ton of stuff to go through to learn from, like the academy, or search other freelancers offering the same skill. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

If you want to do data entry work on Upwork in order to earn money...

Then you should be going around your community looking for non-online work that you do for employers in your local economy.

And you shouldn't be trying to do data entry work on Upwork.

That probably would be a good choice. However, for my own health reasons I do not leave home and I also take care of my spouse  who has cancer. I  appreciate the suggestion.

Look through upworks categories, maybe you can find something that would work better for you. Maybe virtual assistant work, like booking travel would be a better idea. 

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. But a lot of companies allow employees to work from home these days; you could look for a permanent part-time job, instead of struggling to find data entry projects on Upwork. 

THANK YOU
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths