🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Display name is different from name in th...
Page options
angeliquerose
Community Member

Display name is different from name in the settings?

Hi there!

When I signed up for Upwork, I used my real name. However, I decided to change it to my nickname afterwards then I got accepted.

I changed it back to my real name and it's shown in my settings. But my nickname is still the one featured on my profile. 

Hope anyone can help me with this so that I can start sending out proposals. 🙂 Thanks so much!

7 REPLIES 7
angeliquerose
Community Member

Also noticed here in the Community, my real name is the one being shown. My nickname is just being displayed in my profile. 😞

Hi Angelique, I checked your account and can see that your profile has been updated with your first name. Sometimes, it takes some time for the system to update the different areas of your account that affects this change, but it should happen within 24-hours. Let us know if we can further assist you with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, Avery! Thank you for this. 🙂

I'll update you in the coming days if my name in the profile changes. 

Hi there! 

Just checked again. Unfortunately, my profile name is still my nickname. 😞 Is there anything I can do to resolve this? 

Hi Angelique,

I checked your profile and it's showing your updated profile name. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if your experience will remain the same? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
shamin07031
Community Member

Hello Angelique,

As my experience, it's one of the features of Upwork. You can start to apply for a job. No problem

Got this, thank you! 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths