🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Dispute 3 weeks after the review period e...
Page options
6851ee37
Community Member

Dispute 3 weeks after the review period ended

Hey!

I've a really bad experience with my recent client right now and my Financial transactions on my account have been suspended. 
I already had to give him back the money which I earned in the last week when we were working together (I've logged the time manually throughout the contract) so it was acceptable for me, because I know the policy.
Upwork policy is that they'll return the money to client if you logged manual time and there is no evidence of your work - okay, I'm fine with that.

But right now the situation is wholly different. I've logged the time manually in the first week, he accepted and reviewed the work (and even wrote on chat "great work!"), I get paid and right now after the gig is done (2,5 weeks after project is closed, 3,5 weeks after the review by the client is done) he's opening a dispute that I didn't do anything for him and Upwork is suspending my account asking me to resolve this dispute with the client!

How is that even possible guys? He reviewed my work and paid for it!
I'm feeling cheated right now.

1 REPLY 1
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Denis,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're in this unpleasant situation with a client.

I see that you have an open ticket about this and would recommend that you communicate directly with the Upwork mediation team via that ticket, as they will be the ones who will be assisting with this process. For more information about dispute assistance and our policies surrounding these sorts of scenarios, please review article 7.2 Uwork Dispute Assistance.

~Nina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths