🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Disputing a Refund Request
Page options
tmkfreelance
Community Member

Disputing a Refund Request

Hi, friends! I hope all is well!

I have a client for whom I was working on a grant writing project and we agreed that my first step would be to create a list of grants for which she might be eligible. Over the course of 6 hours of billed work, I created a five page list of state / federal / foundation grants she could qualify for, and a summary of the application process for each.

Yesterday, she indicated that she approved the document and highlighted some grants she wished me write. But she contacted me today saying that UpWork overbilled her account and she wants me to refund her.

I have some concerns because I did not bill her in excess, nor did I receive any unexpected funds from her account. In other words, if she was overbilled, I didn't gain from it.

I'm confused about what to do because I feel for her situation, but I did complete my deliverable to her documented satisfaction.

How is something like this addressed?
1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tracy,

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this caused. I can see that you were able to respond to the client's refund request in the messages room. Please, make sure to stop working on this contract and continue only after you can see that the contract has been resumed. While I can't share details about this case for privacy reasons, I'll follow up with our team regarding it and we'll reach out to the client as soon as possible.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths